Join a Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Open Water Swimming Adventure off the Coast of the Baja Peninsula
SUPswim is a trip of a lifetime offering a unique combination of open water swimming and paddle boarding whilst staying on Isla Espiritu Santo, a secluded UNESCO protected island off the Baja Peninsula, Mexico
Article by Sophie Aghdami
There’s nothing quite like waking up to the sound of the ocean waves lapping just a few meters from your bedroom and the smells of authentic Mexican food being cooked by private chefs on the island every day… utter bliss. Unplug, disconnect yourself from this busy world and charge your natural battery!
Set in the idyllic location of the UNESCO protected Isla Espiritu Santo, this is the perfect trip for travellers with wanderlust looking for the ultimate experience and ‘off the grid’ trip of a lifetime. With crystal clear water exceeding 27C the Sea of Cortez is the richest ocean on our entire planet and offers the chance to see some wonderful marine life. The waters are filled with blue, humpback, Bryde’s, and orca whales; common and bottlenose dolphins, schools of mobula rays and hundreds of resident and migratory birds.
From paddle boarding next to frigate birds to swimming nose-to-nose with sea lions or side by side with whale sharks, the week’s itinerary has been carefully planned to give you the best experience possible and also promises a variety of other amazing experiences including fishing trips, relaxation, walks and being part of the only group of people camping on this island under the stars just a few meters from the ocean.
Run by experienced swimming and paddle boarding guides, Yves Watt and Pedro Lopez, alongside leading eco-adventure company Baja Expeditions, each day starts with the opportunity to go fishing at dawn, when turtles and whales can often be spotted, followed by paddle boarding and swimming trips through beautiful untouched areas of outstanding beauty just off the Baja Peninsula. Kayaks are available for those who wish to discover the nearby cove and its hidden treasures as well.
• Be part of the only group of people camping under the stars just a few meters from the ocean on Isla Espiritu Santo, a secluded UNESCO protected island of Baja.
• Swim in 27C plus clear blue water of the Sea of Cortez, the richest ocean of marine life on our entire planet and inspiration for the film Life of Pi.
• Feast on delicious authentic Mexican dishes, including fresh fish caught daily, cooked by chefs on the island while you enjoy drinks on the beach at sunset.
• Swim and paddle board through beautiful untouched areas of outstanding natural beauty.
• Discover the amazing marine life that the Sea of Cortez has to offer and have first hand experience swimming with sea lions, whale sharks and turtles.
• Experience a unique adventure that combines open water swimming, paddle boarding, relaxation and nature in its purest form.
• Totally off the grid location, away from it all, to really switch off with no phone signal or internet.
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sophie Aghdami (+44 7766 467822) or Yves Watt (+44 7708 344085) or visit www.facebook.com/SUPswim/